OMAHA, NEB. — Scoular on Nov. 22 launched its second annual Sustainability Report, sharing progress to cut back its carbon footprint and to guard ecosystems via accountable marine sourcing.
“As we shifted from the early levels of our sustainability technique to yr two, we skilled large studying about our path to success, whereas additionally fostering new partnerships to achieve our sustainability targets,” stated Megan Belcher, chief authorized and exterior affairs officer at Scoular. “We’re excited to share our progress as we work with workers, clients and companions to profit the complete provide chain.”
The report outlines Scoular’s progress from June 2021 to Could 2022 on every of the corporate’s 5 sustainability pillars. In 2021, the corporate publicly launched its sustainability technique and commitments it goals to achieve by 2025. The brand new report cites many examples of progress for every of the 5 pillars, together with:
- Lowering carbon footprint: Scoular labored to cut back greenhouse fuel emissions via funding in processes, infrastructure and applied sciences aimed toward lowering truck emissions. Truck dump instances and weighing/scaling instances decreased.
- Fostering accountable product sourcing: Scoular created a brand new marine sustainability program that incentivizes fishmeal producers to implement long-term sustainability practices that exceed normal certification necessities.
- Upholding office well being and security: A brand new security system was launched at Scoular to enhance reporting practices and proactively establish and get rid of hazards. The corporate additionally noticed a decline in complete reportable circumstances (TRC) of accidents.
- Selling range and inclusion: Scoular began a 3rd worker useful resource group, Scoular Ethnicities and Individuals of Shade, becoming a member of Scoular Ladies Influencing Tradition and Scoular Proud Ally Community. The corporate additionally added a paid psychological well being day for all workers.
- Participating in its communities: Each worker now has eight hours of paid volunteer time per yr and expanded volunteer alternatives with group events and giving occasions at places worldwide. The corporate additionally developed a board member improvement program and grew the variety of Scoular leaders serving in non-profit board management roles.
“I’m happy at Scoular’s progress during the last yr and look ahead to the yr forward as we construct on our methods to function with integrity and supply protected, dependable and accountable provide chain options,” stated Paul Maass, chief govt officer of Scoular.